Welcome to our blog on the best places to visit near Bareilly! Whether you’re a local looking for a weekend getaway or a traveler seeking offbeat destinations, we’ve got you covered. From serene natural landscapes to historical marvels, get ready to embark on an unforgettable adventure.
Best 5+ Place To Visit Near Bareilly
Located just a few hours away from Bareilly, Nainital is a picturesque hill station nestled in the Kumaon foothills of the Himalayas. Known for its serene lakes, breathtaking views, and pleasant weather, Nainital offers a perfect getaway from the hustle and bustle of city life. The Naini Lake, Naina Devi Temple, Mall Road, and Naini Peak are some of the must-visit attractions in this charming hill town.
Situated in the Kumaon region of Uttarakhand, Almora is another enchanting hill station near Bareilly that attracts tourists with its natural beauty and rich cultural heritage. The town overlooks the majestic Himalayas and is known for its ancient temples, scenic viewpoints, and traditional handicrafts. Visit places like Bright End Corner, Kasar Devi Temple, Chitai Golu Devta Temple, and Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary to experience the untouched beauty of Almora.
Known as the birthplace of Lord Rama, Ayodhya is an important religious and historical destination near Bareilly. This ancient city holds great significance in Hindu mythology and is visited by millions of devotees every year. The Ram Janmabhoomi, Hanuman Garhi Temple, Kanak Bhawan, and Treta Ke Thakur are some of the key attractions in Ayodhya that showcase the rich cultural heritage of the city.
4. Jim Corbett National Park:
Located in the foothills of the Himalayas, Jim Corbett National Park is one of the oldest and most renowned national parks in India. Famous for its tiger population and diverse wildlife, this park offers an exciting experience for nature lovers and wildlife enthusiasts. Embark on thrilling jeep safaris or elephant rides to explore the captivating landscapes and spot exotic animals like tigers, elephants, deer, and various bird species.
5. Kumaon Lakes:
Situated at an elevation of 1,600 meters, the Kumaon region in Uttarakhand is blessed with numerous mesmerizing lakes that offer a serene and tranquil ambiance. Bhimtal, Sattal, and Naukuchiatal are the three famous lakes near Bareilly that provide an ideal escape for nature lovers. These lakes are surrounded by lush greenery, and dense forests, and offer a perfect setting for boating, picnicking, and leisurely walks.
Whether you’re seeking natural beauty, cultural exploration, religious sites, or wildlife encounters, the places near Bareilly mentioned above offer a diverse range of experiences for all types of travelers.
In conclusion, Bareilly offers a variety of nearby places to visit that cater to different preferences. Whether you enjoy historical sites, natural beauty, or religious pilgrimages, there is something for everyone. These attractions provide an enjoyable escape from the city and offer a chance to explore the history and culture of the region.
1. What are some popular places to visit near Bareilly?
– Some popular places to visit near Bareilly include Nainital, Jim Corbett National Park, Ranikhet, Almora, and Bhimtal.
2. How far is Nainital from Bareilly?
– Nainital is approximately 156 kilometers away from Bareilly, and it takes around 3-4 hours to reach there by road.
3. What are the attractions in Jim Corbett National Park?
– Jim Corbett National Park offers a plethora of attractions, including jeep safaris to spot tigers and other wildlife, elephant rides, birdwatching, and various nature trails.
4. Is there any historical place near Bareilly worth visiting?
– Yes, one of the historical places near Bareilly that is worth visiting is Almora. It boasts ancient temples, old forts, and panoramic views of the Himalayas.
5. How can I reach Ranikhet from Bareilly?
– Ranikhet is approximately 184 kilometers away from Bareilly. One can reach Ranikhet by road, and it takes around 4-5 hours to reach there.