Are you planning a trip to Mumbai and looking for places to explore near CST? Look no further! In this blog, we will take you on a virtual journey to some of the most captivating and must-visit attractions located near Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus in Mumbai. So tighten your seatbelts and get ready for an exciting adventure!
Best 5+ Places To Visit Near Cst Mumbai
1. Gateway of India:
Located just a stone’s throw away from CST Mumbai, the iconic Gateway of India is a must-visit landmark. Built during the British rule, this grand arch stands tall and overlooks the Arabian Sea. Visitors can take a leisurely stroll along the promenade, enjoy street food stalls, or take a ferry ride to explore Elephanta Caves.
2. Colaba Causeway:
Located in the heart of South Mumbai, Colaba Causeway is a vibrant shopping hub. It offers a wide range of items including clothes, accessories, handicrafts, books, and antiques. Visitors can also savor delicious street food and visit iconic cafes and restaurants in the vicinity.
3. Jehangir Art Gallery:
Art enthusiasts should not miss a visit to Jehangir Art Gallery, located near CST Mumbai. This renowned gallery is a hub for contemporary Indian art exhibitions. It showcases a wide range of paintings, sculptures, and other artistic works by both established and upcoming artists. Visitors can appreciate the diverse art forms and attend various art events held here.
4. Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya:
Formerly known as the Prince of Wales Museum, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya is a prominent museum located near CST Mumbai. It houses a vast collection of artifacts, sculptures, ancient coins, paintings, and decorative arts. The museum provides a glimpse into the rich cultural heritage and history of India.
5. Marine Drive:
A popular promenade, Marine Drive offers a pleasant and relaxing environment. This 3.6 km stretch is famous for its scenic view of the Arabian Sea and the stunning sunset. Visitors can enjoy a leisurely stroll, sit on the iconic sea-facing benches, or simply unwind while admiring the skyline of Mumbai. The nearby Chowpatty Beach is a bustling spot famous for tasty street food and evening entertainment.
These are just a few of the many places to visit near CST Mumbai. With its rich history, cultural diversity, and stunning locations, Mumbai offers a plethora of options for everyone.
In conclusion, there are plenty of exciting places to explore near CST Mumbai. From historical landmarks like the Gateway of India and Elephanta Caves to vibrant markets like Crawford Market, this area offers a mix of culture, history, and shopping experiences. Visiting these places near CST Mumbai is a must for anyone looking to delve into the rich heritage and vibrant atmosphere of the city.
1. What are some popular places to visit near CST Mumbai?
– Some popular places to visit near CST Mumbai include the Gateway of India, Marine Drive, Colaba Causeway, Jehangir Art Gallery, and Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya.
2. How far is the Gateway of India from CST Mumbai?
– The Gateway of India is located approximately 2.5 kilometers away from CST Mumbai and can be easily reached by a short taxi or bus ride.
3. Are there any shopping options near CST Mumbai?
– Yes, there are several shopping options near CST Mumbai. Colaba Causeway is a bustling street market known for its trendy clothes, accessories, and handicrafts. Fashion Street is also a popular destination for budget-friendly shopping.
4. What is the best time to visit Marine Drive near CST Mumbai?
– The best time to visit Marine Drive near CST Mumbai is during the evening or early morning. The scenic view of the Arabian Sea and the stunning sunset make it an ideal spot for leisurely walks or sitting by the promenade.
5. What are some cultural attractions near CST Mumbai?
– Jehangir Art Gallery is a renowned art exhibition space near CST Mumbai. It showcases a wide range of contemporary and traditional Indian artwork. Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya is also nearby, offering a glimpse into the rich history and culture of Mumbai through its collection of artifacts and exhibits.